A welcome escape from the pressures of everyday life, nestled in the Itchen Valley, you will find the beautiful estate of Avington near Winchester. Offering groups and corporate colleagues the opportunity to fish in one of the most attractive and tranquil fishing venues in the country.
We are renowned for the varied fishing on offer, either on three lakes stocked with quality trout from our own fish farm or on a half mile double bank stretch of a carrier fed by the River Itchen. Novice to fly fishing, advanced or a mix of abilities, we can create a tailored package to suit your group.
The lakes will be suitably stocked with trout varying in size from about 4lb up to double figures. Fishing tackle hire can be arranged and includes a top quality rod, reel, fly line, leaders, landing net, fly waistcoat and flies.
Lakeside Lodge is perfectly positioned to look after your guests, serving refreshments throughout the day, with a beautiful backdrop for the all important prizes at the end of the day. Catering can be arranged to suit your requirements and budget. A BBQ and family area is set aside for those in your party who are not fishing. Combine these assets with a knowledgeable and friendly team who are always on hand, you can guarantee a wonderful and memorable day at Avington Trout Fishery.
- Exclusive hire of Avington Trout Fishery with all tackle included.
- Breakfast baps and hot drinks on arrival
- Brief background/history of Avington Trout Fishery
- Instructor to include tuition on rods, reels, lines, flies and the health & safety aspect within the sport.
- Instructor to demonstrate the techniques of fly fishing.
- Guests will have the opportunity to catch a fish to take home and cook, along with your new found fishing skills. Any of your caught fish, can be gutted, cleaned and bagged up ready to take away, no fuss, no mess.
- 2 course lunch – Served in Lakeside Lodge or for a more formal occasion, we can arrange for guests to enjoy a tour of Avington House with lunch served in the Library.
- Guests can continue into the afternoon fishing, or we are more than happy to arrange further activities on the estate, from axe throwing, clay shooting to archery on the front lawn.
- We can also arrange a professional photographer to capture your day, just let us know in advance of booking.